Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Bible Journaling: Hosea 4 & Indexing

As I shared in my last post I have come across a way of studying my bible and being creative, which is a passion God has given me.  So isn't this perfect, to put the two together.  Before I do any artwork I use the inductive bible study method to dig into the chapter.  I am doing a chapter a day.  Yesterday was Hosea 4.  I am absolutely in love with God's word and I am thankful that He has brought me down this path.  Some of you may be like WHAT?  She's drawing all over her bible.  But this is a way for me to meditate on that particular verse after I have studied the chapter, and I do not cover any part of the text.  I use several different bibles for my actual study time (HCSB, KJV, NIV, NKJV, and the one below, which is ESV).  I also love going on biblehub.com and reading different commentaries.  I have several bible handbooks that  reference, but apart of the inductive bible study method is to go directly to God's word FIRST.  


As I create pages in my journaling bible I have started making tabs on each page and using a letter sticker to index. There are also some along the top, which you cannot see in this picture.  The page above got a "u" for understanding.  


On the inside of my bible I have come up with this system of indexing, so far.  After today's devotional (Jesus Calling) I will be adding trust, but I will probably wait until I actually do the art before making the tab.  



No comments:

Post a Comment