Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Bible Study Mini Binder


Hello again!  I wanted to give an introduction to my newly put together bible study mini binder.  The mini binder is a half binder, so it fits a half sheet of computer paper, or whatever else you want to add.   The first section is my planner.  I am using the monthly section of the planner to write down what chapter I am studying, and the daily part of the calender to take notes for my devotional, Jesus Calling.  There is also a page with tiny calendars of 2014 and 2015, which I am using to cross off days for when I read my bible.  My goal is to do a chapter a day, or at least read my bible everyday.   I have taking the planner off of the spiral and punched wholes in it to fit.  I am only keeping about two months in it at a time.  The rest is in another binder, which is going to be for archiving.   


I have taken a signature (a chunk of pages sew into the binding together) from my Jesus Calling devotional so that I could actually put them in between my planner pages.  I got this specific planner because it has an entire page per day for writing, except for Saturday and Sunday, which are both on one page.  


This is today devotional.  I first write a little note or prayer to Jesus, then write out the verses it gives in the devotional.  Today was all about trust! <3


In a separate section I have blank college ruled paper.  which is for my inductive study of Hosea (right now)  I take out the paper and clip it to the front of the binder while I'm writing on it, then clip it to the inside until I am done with it, then  will put it back into that section.  


Another thing I decided to do was to add a bible study at the end.  This one is "Experiencing God at Home"  by Tom & Richard Blackaby. I have not done this study yet, but I have completed their original "Experiencing God" bible study and it was AMAZING!  Probably one of my favorite ever, along with Seeking A Heart like His, but Beth Moore.  I trimmed off the spine (slowly but surely) with my paper trimmer, I also had to take off a bit at the bottom to make it fit nicely.  I am sure a smaller study would have worked easier, but I wanted this one!  


That is all I have so far, but I am loving it!  Everything I need in one, except for my many bibles of course!  

Until next time....
Be Blessed, Amber

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with this ideal, I would love to do this. where did you get the planner & can I say again awesome all of it. I'm going to try and find the beth moore study thank you for sharing. I'm jelly lol

    ReplyDelete