Thursday, August 21, 2014

Be Bold

This page was super fun and super super messy!!  I started by sharpening gold, pink/red, and orange crayons.  The first layer is gelatos (gold, blue, orange, and pink).  I made a cylinder out of paper, put a pile of crayon shavings inside, and used my heat tool to melt the wax.  You could probably use a chunk of a crayon as well, or a wax warmer.  After it was a puddle I tilted my page different ways.  Most of the wax is in the top left hand corner, but there is some gold coming from the bottom left corner as well.  I added the chevron stencil, writing stamp, carved into the wax with a fork, went over the "Be" with a painters pen, and stamped the "be you" at the bottom.  The silhouette is a magazine cutout.  I gesso'ed her first then applied acrylics.  I used a metallic jellyroll pen to add detail to the hair and fly-aways.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment