Thursday, August 21, 2014

Love

 Hello!  I'm back with another process in pictures post.  This one is one of my favorites because of the pretty colors and grunge look.  I started by laying down torn book pages using matt medium.  

I set chipboard letters on my page and sprayed over them with "berry" alcohol ink.  I added black acrylic paint to the right edge and dry brushed over the rest of the page to make the book page edges stand out.  

I made puddles of blue alcohol ink, made splatters by hitting my paint brush in it, and added some on other places on the page to make some purple.  I prayed a piece of burlap with "butterscotch" alcohol ink and adhered it with matte medium.  I went over the black on the page with sandpaper to give it more of a grudge look.  

I added a peice of washi, random clump of thread, and a button.  I wish I wouldn't have but I added gold acrylic to the burlap.  I also added some more black acrylic to the washi.  

I added butterflies with a stencil and StaZon metallic silver ink.  The circles are a stamp that I made.  I also added unreadable writing stamp with blue StaZon.  I went around the edges of the letter and butterflies with a super fine painters pen.  

I added gesso over the entire page with a card and added a black stamp to the top butterfly.  I went around all the edges with the painters pen, smearing as I went.  The smaller letters are stamps that I went over again with the painters pen.  

I hope you enjoyed this post :)  Leave a comment!!!

2 comments:

  1. How much have you put into all of this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean to sound rude. I was just curious because I like it and it looks like fun, but it looks like a lot of supplies are needed.

    ReplyDelete