Wednesday, August 13, 2014

City On A Hill


This is one of my favorite!  I almost always start off having no idea what I'm going to be making.  I layered down dark blue and craft cut up card stock from Heidi Swap's "Hello Today" 12x12 paper pad.  I absolutely love the entire paper pad.  In person you can see some of the flowers and arrows showing through.  I applied gesso to the entire page.  I used spray ink: pink, yellow, and brown.  Heavy charcoal around all the edges with white distress ink on the building edges first.  Let me know if this is confusing!  lol.  Yellow acrylic paint for the windows, outline in black pen. I added some color with jellyroll metallic pens.  The stars were created with a stamp, embossing ink, and tinsel embossing powder.  

The message comes from Matthew 5:14. 

No comments:

Post a Comment