Thursday, August 14, 2014

Be Intentional Today

This is my first blog post on my art journaling.  I took pictures throughout the process so that I could make this post showing what I used and how.  I found a free book at the library about raising adolescent children, and since I have two young girls I decided to use it in my creative process.  I modge podged all of the ripped book pages down.  I then spread gesso all over the page.  I used a diamond stencil to help create the kite. 



I used gelatos for the background because they are transparent.  I put down the red first, then orange around the red, and yellow everywhere else.  I left the kite alone.  

Using a stencil and baby wipe, I wiped off some of the gelatos.  After this step I added modge podge over the entire page to keep the gelatos in place.  I had to add a pretty thick layer so that they wouldn't smear with my brush.  


Using a stencil and "Bleu Turquoise" acrylic paint I added the blue swirls randomly, again leaving the kite alone.  


I used H2O's shimmer watercolor to paint the kite.  The dragonflies were made with a stencil, a make-up sponge, and StaZon Jet black ink (my favorite ink ever).  I added two pieced of ephemera from the Maggie Holmes ephemera packs after distressing the edges.  I added gelatos around the edges of the camera to smear them in.  


I painted strips of book pages and cut them out with an xacto knife.  After adding them I added shading to the bottom of them.  


This is the final product.  I am happy with everything except the writing on the kite strings.  I either need to change from using modge podge or find a good pen to use for writing.  I went around the tree branch and edges of the page with a charcoal pencil.  

I hope you enjoyed this process post.  Please leave me comments!! :)

2 comments: